Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Time

It's been awhile since I have written a new post so I am a bit rusty. I noticed there are some new features on blogger so I have some exploring to do as I start posting once again. Although I have not been blogging I have been reading both online and offline for leisure and professional purposes. My recent dive into reading has been to catch up on all the education journals I didn't have time for during the school year. I find myself adding Apps to my devices, visiting various websites, and sharing articles or resources with my colleagues as a result of this mining of information. My head is eventually swimming with ideas, information, and new things to try in the coming school year. I have yet to complete the entire book but I did start reading 8 to great by MK Mueller. After reading a few pages I began keeping my own personal gratitude journal. The author defines 8 high-ways to reaching one's goals and emphasizes the power of a positive attitude. I'll add more thoughts on this book once I've completed it. On a personal note I have been training to compete in a 5K run with some colleagues. Thanks to them and my 8 to great knowledge I have felt the support I need to be ready to run come next month. My last summer endeavor has been to improve my golf skills and commit to playing on a league. I have scheduled these activities into my calendar; therefore, creating a healthy balance between work and leisure summertime hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment